Sunday, June 8, 2008

Euro 2008

So, 16 of us Americans marooned here in Salzburg made a pool for the Euro 2008 games. It was really simple and just for fun. One euro buy in and the teams are drawn randomly. I ended up with Poland. Uh, go Poland? It could have been worse. I could have ended up with Austria. Poor Austria, you're not gonna win but you are a host country and you still have heart, so good for you! But don't get mad when I laugh at your loss tomorrow.

And it's gonna be weird. But I'm a Germany fan. And guess who they play tomorrow? Yeah, Poland. I'll root for Germany, but also root for Poland because those 16 Euros would be sweet. But I guess in the overall scheme of things, Germany has a better chance of winning over all. So, Go Deutschland!

Also, it's ridiculously fun being in a host city and being able to go downtown and watch the games on the big screen. Even if security makes you check your umbrella. WTF. UMBRELLAS. SO DANGEROUS.

Tomorrow will be fun.

And then the real fun will be the Austria v. Germany game HOMG.

No comments: